Can You Password Protect A Photo Album?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMas70, Jan 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

I sometimes use my phone to take pictures that are adult oriented and I rather not have my kids come across them when they play on my phone or iPad. Is there anyway to set up a folder to be password protected so only I can access them? Seeing that everything is synced, they goto my iPad and Mac Mini too.

2. macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

No, not that I know of. One way you could accomplish a similar thing is to use Dropbox as a photo album, if for nothing else. You can password-protect the app and set it up on all of your devices.

3. macrumors 6502a

sou1 so1di3r

lol this is kinky

I would say just dont put those pictures into iPhoto. put them in a folder somewhere on your mac and hide them ;)

4. macrumors G4

Small White Car

5. macrumors 65816

Download Keep Safe, it's a password protector photo app, it'll grab whatever photo's you want and save them in the app, so you can delete them from your photo album and photo stream.

6. macrumors 601

Download an app called "Private photo vault" - there's a free and paid version. Works perfectly.

If you use the free version you can store videos in the vault but you can't watch them, you have to save them to camera roll and delete them afterwards.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info! I knew I couldn't be the only one that wants to limit who can view some photos! :)

8. macrumors 65816

9. macrumors regular

I use the"keepSafe" app for free. Unlimited amount of pictures. I think that's the easiest way to go.

10. macrumors 604

cynics

I use photovault

11. macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Like SWC states, you should use one of the numerous apps in the iTunes store. The wife and I use different apps ourselves, but we have them. I use Picture Safe.
    However, make sure you pay attention to if the app does pictures AND videos or just one of them. Mine only does pictures, not video.

12. macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't have kids, it's worked out pretty well for me.

13. macrumors regular

Search my secret folder on the App Store. Def worth the dollar