Can you print artists names and albume names from iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by defora, Jan 21, 2006.

1. defora macrumors newbie

defora

Can you print the artists and CD names directly from iTunes? If not has anyone found a program that can do this? I would like to have that so next time I’m in best buy shopping for CD’s I know which ones I need to get.

Thanks for your help!

:)

2. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I don't know about third party programs, but you can go File>Export Song List.

This basically just dumps all track data into a text or xml file. If you then open this in Excel or a similar program, you can filter the results to get what you want. Probably not the most efficient way of doing it, but it works.

3. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for, but here's some info anyway:

Go to File --> Print... in iTunes. This will open a dialog box asking if you want a CD insert, song listing, or album listing. I have to say, the automatic lists make it very easy to do and look pretty professional. Another great feature of iTunes.

4. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

D'oh - didn't even notice that method - much better than mine. :eek:

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

If you like the File -> Print... method, and you have OmniGraffle, then you can also try Omni's iTunes CD cover script and template from OmniGraffle extras. :)