Can you purchase the FCE manual from Apple or only download?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 1, 2007.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    Does anyone know if you can purchase the FCE manual from Apple or is it only available for download? That thing is almost 1200 pages and I cant see kinkos or staples being cheap for getting the manual.

2. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2005
  3. it5five macrumors 65816

May 31, 2006
    New York
    I know I can't answer for the OP, but I prefer having a paper manual. It is much easier to navigate through and use in my opinion.
  4. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    yeah I know about the about downloading it, but why would I want to sift through 1,000+ pages for something that I'm trying to do on the same screen? I like to be able to look to the right and the left and be yup...i prefer paper
  5. huntercr macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2006
    You might try visting your local copy center and ask them for a price quote on making a nice bound version. I've done that in the past with other online only manuals. You will probably get crap about it being copyrighted material, but in my limited experience, I was able to get a letter from the company ( not apple in my case ) that gave me permission to print the work in full for personal use. You may not have to go that far in this case... hopefully illustrating that the file is free for download on apple's website would be sufficient.

If you do get it bound, ask to look at samples... coil (plastic ) binding will work fine for smaller texts, but you might want cloth tape, wire or actual book binding for something this large.

Obviously some of these are pretty expensive.

All that said, there really are some good final cut books at Amazon/Barnes&Noble/Borders...

if you want to go super cheap the Final Cut express for Dummies is not half bad.

Also remember that if you can find used Final Cut Pro books, almost everything they talk about ( if it is pre Version 5 ) applies to Final Cut Express HD.
  6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    ok thats a great idea....thanks! staples' quote is $423 but surely kinkos has to be

any good ideas for which books I should get?
  7. bomadian macrumors member

Mar 4, 2007
    Why not just print it off at work ? If you work at home then i'll ship it to you for the cost of postage !
  8. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2005
    yeah, actually I do work at BUT if you'd be willing to do that please let me know and I'll get you my info and hook you up via paypal ...i'll pm you