Can you put movies/music on iPhone from another computer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steadyvibe, May 9, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I am wondering if it is possible to put a movie onto my iPhone from my work computer which is not synced up with my iphone?

Is it possible to do this somehow?

2. macrumors regular

TheRiseofTheFal

If you mean in addition to the music and movies you already have on your iphone, then no. iPhone prevents you from syncing with more than one itunes library at a time. It's kind of a bummer because you used to/can do it on any iPod and they dont hassle you at all. I hope this helps and isnt too disappointing

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Crap. Is there any hacks to do this? Or can it be done by SSH? My phone is an unlocked one I am using in Canada.

4. macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I think as long as you manually manage your music/vids instead of syncing you can go between computers.

5. macrumors 6502

Yeah, I think if you connect your iphone to another computer and choose the option to manually manage your music, you can just drag and drop stuff from any computer. I haven't tested this out yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Now syncing it would be a different story. If you sync it, you can kiss your current playlists and songs farewell.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya, I dont really want to sync it i guess. I just want to add a movie to it.

Have any of you tried that and it worked?