Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
I bought a car last week and it has this stuck to the inside of the drivers door.

If anyone here can read Japanese I would appreciate it if you could let me know what it means.

Attachments

• DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 85

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Sorry, I tried.

The writing on the top left half says something about "oil", and the writing on the top right half says "element". The first 2 Chinese characters on the left part and the right part are the same, so those words probably aren't very unique to the task. Maybe it means "change" or something. The 2 kanji\Chinese characters after the words "oil" and "element" are also the same.

The number on the right says 77,000 km.

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
I was guessing that something was done to the car at that time, but I just don't know what.

I was thinking that perhaps it's a cam belt change or perhaps a speedometer change?

Thanks for giving it a go Abstract. Perhaps someone else knows?

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
Next oil change at 74,200 km.
Next element change at 77,000 km.

Don't know what element is...:confused:

jjedlik

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2006
Element here means oil filter. For some reasons unknown to me Japanese sometimes tend to give different meanings to foreign words. :)

witness

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
That was my guess. :p The number of options was rather limited when you think about it.

I was kind of hopping that it would be information about the cam belt. The documentation that I have doesn't state when/if the cam belt was changed. So I guess that I'll have to get it done anyway, just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.