Can You See Apple Under $60?

Discussion in ' News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 22, 2008.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003
  2. macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2006
    Unfortunately I can, if Christmas sales are low like people are predicting in retail they could hit some big lows in Jan.
  3. macrumors 68000

Apr 27, 2007
    Bristol, England
    If it does I'll probably buy as many as I can. wait a year or two, and I have an apple funded new apple laptop :D
  4. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Getting caught up in the market troubles, not due to the bubble bursting or the rocket ride blowing up -- at least not yet.

Don't know who will take over for the big funds, which might be a problem, and slow a rise back up.

Still great fundamentals, in a rocky market.
  5. Aea
    macrumors 6502a

May 23, 2007
    Denver, Colorado
    Can see it happening easily. Even with the major collapse in the market I think AAPL is quite overpriced, in terms of both Mkt Cap to Equity and P/E Ratio, most technology companies tend to have this advantage though, so realistically it's in the middle of the pack. The real question is whether there will be a psychological collapse when people realize that they've greatly overvalued AAPL.
  6. macrumors 6502

Feb 5, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    With the way the company is going right now, I wouldn't be surprised. They have flopped quite a bit recently, relative to where they would bring out new products and everyone would be completely shocked.
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 9, 2008
    I really hope not. I bought at $88. Hopefully It could go back to the $200 that it was at.:(
  8. macrumors G5

May 2, 2002
    And people have been saying exactly that about Apple since the 1970s ;) Apple's products are always "worse than they used to be"... which no doubt explains how we got to the current amazing lineup :p
  9. macrumors 6502

Feb 5, 2006
    Irvine, CA
    Not so sure about that. There was a hiigh steep climb in the earlier 2000s. Now, after every keynote, I am not surprised to see stocks fall lower. This wasn't the case when they made the switch to intel and whatnot.
  10. macrumors 68020

Dec 9, 2004
    That's not correct--Apple's doing better now by far than in the early 2000s.

11. macrumors 601

Phil A.

Apr 2, 2006
    Telford, UK
    10 years ago, Apple were trading just over 2 dollars. Even with the recent steep drop in share prices, you are still looking at almost a 4,000% increase in share value over the 10 years, which is a phenomenal performance
    Of course, if you'd bought at 2 dollars and sold at 200, you'd have made even more money, but that's the way of the market...
  12. macrumors 6502

Oct 2, 2002
    Elm Grove, LA
    I can see Apple stock hitting $40 or even a tad lower (high $30's) ...

What baffles me is that Google was sitting on $600 a share 7, 8 months ago and now sits on $262+ ...