Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thievessuck7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
my iPod was stolen from my desk drawer at work a few weeks ago, after hours. one of the security guards hangs out in my office all the time after hours. i can see what music he has dumped on my computer and when by looking at the "last played' info for these songs, and i found the log that shows he sync-ed his iPod to my computer today, but i think it might really be my iPod.
is there any way to see if he renamed an iPod using my iTunes? or how can i look at logs from a few weeks ago on a Mac? all i can find is the log for today, and if i can prove that someone sync-ed my iPod to my computer AFTER it was stolen, then i'll be happy.
i am not computer savvy, and it was my first iPod (and new) so i don't really know much about that either. all i know is that i need to prove he stole it. he even unscrewed the padlocked hasp i installed on my office door several times SINCE the theft! ballsy, or stupid? can i catch him, or am i out of luck?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.