Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
Nope. Apple did not include any social features with the activity tracking.

rayjay3636

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2015
quite surprised. they really need to get this sorted for the next watch

thanks for letting me know. Looks like i will be rocking the fitbit as well was the watch. As more time goes on, the less i use my watch

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
quite surprised. they really need to get this sorted for the next watch

thanks for letting me know. Looks like i will be rocking the fitbit as well was the watch. As more time goes on, the less i use my watch

I'm not surprised at all honestly because you are talking about 2 completely different groups of people.

The Fitbit is marketed to Health/Fitness conscious consumers as a dedicated exercise/activity tracking device.

The Apple Watch is marketed as complimentary device to the iPhone that also has a fashion sense and some activity tracking ability.

exxxviii

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2015
Yep, I rock both the AW and Fitbit. Apple markets the activity and fitness features of the AW as if it is on par with other products, but the reality is that the AW is more equivalent to the activity tracker products as they existed about 5 years ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.