Can you solely store movies on apple TV?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by danerh, Jan 31, 2007.

1. danerh macrumors member

OK... so i know you can store Data on the 40GB Apple TV so that when your computer is not on, it will still work... but say you have 20GB of hard drive space left on your mac, and you download some movies... can you send those movies over to the apple tv's hard drive, and then remove them from your mac so you still have the available 20GB?
    If so i would definately Buy one...

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

The :apple: TV is basically an iPod, based on the current info I've seen. You may be able to set it to manually sync content once, remove the originals and never 'sync' it again (as it would be deleted from the :apple: TV as well.

Like an iPod, you'll need to keep a copy of the movies somewhere, as you're unlikely to be able to pull them back off the :apple: TV, once they're transferred to it.

I'm waiting to read the first hand-on reviews, so that questions like which TV's work with it are finally answered.

3. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

Question did anybody actually see :apple: tv's quality. Is it really good. I mean its not worth buying if the quality is not great.

4. L3X macrumors 6502a

i haven't seen it, but based on the resolution, it should be DVD quality. I think Jobs mentioned this in the fall keynote.

also on apple's site, it's emphasizing to be used with an HD TV. It wouldn't have an HDMI port if the quality wasn't going to be good.