Can you tell from NTSC to PAL in Apple's DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Design Agent, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Design Agent macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2006

I am a motion graphic artist and I am making copies of my demo reel.

I have made several copies in both in NTSC and PAL but the problem is that they got all mixed up and I can't tell which ones are which... Is there anyway that you can tell if it's NTSC or PAL in Apple's DVD player? or in any other software?

(I use my laptop as my DVD player, so I don't have the standard dvd player with me)

Please let me know. Many thanks in advance!

Design Agent
  2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Aug 11, 2005
    Behind the lens
    framerates would tell you:

NTSC : 29.97 fps
    PAL: 25 fps

screen size:

NTSC: 720x480
    PAL: 720x576
  3. Design Agent thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2006
    Thanks! I looked again in the main menu and I found disk info where it says the size of the movies and "NTSC" (duh....)

Much appreciated

4. Col macrumors newbie

Sep 29, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Still Confused.... Please Help !

Oh Dear,

I have the same problem. I burnt my own DVDs in iDVD and don't know if iDVD was set to NTSC or PAL in the Preference menu at the time. My DVD player, plays both (and doesn't say what kind it is) but now I want to send them to the USA (to my in laws) and don't know if they will be able to play them.

I can't find any of the above info on Frame Rates or Screen size in Apple's DVD Player Application.
    I do not know where the "Main Menu" that shows "size of movies and 'NTSC'" that 'Design Agent' found is.

Can anyone help ?

Hoping I don't have to re-do all three DVDs to be sure they are NTSC

Col :confused: