Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnbasac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
can an iphone user be tracked online to determine its whereabouts?
>
location like a gps or something like that?
>
thanks

Bandwidth

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008
Yes We Can

To steel the catch phrase of the times, although I will add to it ...if government will get out of the way.

Both of my sons have iPhones and it is by mutual agreement that they track each other so it is possible but by consent, now, wasn't that easy? :D

FamiliaPhoto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
I think there is a service on AT&T for this - for a monthly charge of course - but the phone has to be on your account, permission must be granted, etc., etc.

louisc22

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2010
Track and controll your iphone

"Cylay was developed in response to the ever-growing need for security and privacy protection on mobile devices. Cylay also is the first iPhone protection apps in the world. As an industry leader in both personal and enterprise mobile security, we have developed the world most advanced solution to safeguard your phone. Once installed Cylay allows you real-time to remotely locate, track, lock, backup, wipe, and more! I have been using this it works great
it uses google map to show u where it is and you can lock unlock backup data it does every thing u need if it gets lost or stolen.:D

https://www.cylay.com/

4x4bob

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2008
There's an app called Device locator (http://www.device-locator.com) for 4.99 it's a steal for avoiding the att family map fees. It keeps your location tracks, which is what I've been looking for for quite some time. Google maps works with anyone listed as your friends, but only shows location at a point in time. Device Locator can store the history via google latitude too.

conrad28

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2011
>
>
thanks

My boy friend, he use an app called omegaspy to track my iphone (and I track hims also ;)) , this app require at least 4,99 $ for using all feature but offer GPS tracking for free.

Arnezie

macrumors 65816
Oct 10, 2011
My boy friend, he use an app called omegaspy to track my iphone (and I track hims also ;)) , this app require at least 4,99 $ for using all feature but offer GPS tracking for free.

Sounds like a relashonship built on trust and commitment :rolleyes:

icomputered

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
>
>
thanks

Find my iPhone works great, it's free, and it's built in to your phone. You can go to iCloud.com to track your phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.