can you track an iphone's whereabouts' online?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wnbasac, Jan 24, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

can an iphone user be tracked online to determine its whereabouts?
    >
    location like a gps or something like that?
    >
    thanks

2. Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

3. macrumors newbie

Yes We Can

To steel the catch phrase of the times, although I will add to it ...if government will get out of the way.

Both of my sons have iPhones and it is by mutual agreement that they track each other so it is possible but by consent, now, wasn't that easy? :D

4. macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I think there is a service on AT&T for this - for a monthly charge of course - but the phone has to be on your account, permission must be granted, etc., etc.

5. macrumors 6502a

6. macrumors newbie

Track and controll your iphone

"Cylay was developed in response to the ever-growing need for security and privacy protection on mobile devices. Cylay also is the first iPhone protection apps in the world. As an industry leader in both personal and enterprise mobile security, we have developed the world most advanced solution to safeguard your phone. Once installed Cylay allows you real-time to remotely locate, track, lock, backup, wipe, and more! I have been using this it works great
    it uses google map to show u where it is and you can lock unlock backup data it does every thing u need if it gets lost or stolen.:D

https://www.cylay.com/

7. macrumors newbie

There's an app called Device locator (www.device-locator.com) for 4.99 it's a steal for avoiding the att family map fees. It keeps your location tracks, which is what I've been looking for for quite some time. Google maps works with anyone listed as your friends, but only shows location at a point in time. Device Locator can store the history via google latitude too.

8. macrumors 68020

Agent-P

Since we're answering a three year old thread, might as well throw FindMyiPhone into the mix.

9. macrumors newbie

My boy friend, he use an app called omegaspy to track my iphone (and I track hims also ;)) , this app require at least 4,99 $ for using all feature but offer GPS tracking for free.

10. macrumors 65816

11. macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Sounds like a relashonship built on trust and commitment :rolleyes:

12. macrumors newbie

13. macrumors 604

ZBoater

:rolleyes:

14. macrumors regular

Find my friends works great, very accurate. and free

15. macrumors member

Find my iPhone works great, it's free, and it's built in to your phone. You can go to iCloud.com to track your phone