Can you unsend email in apple mail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D0ct0rteeth, Aug 28, 2003.

1. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Unsend? You mean withdraw a sent email? Bring it back from the recipients mailbox?

3. xpormac macrumors regular

4. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i know of no emailing software that can retract an email that was sent... (actually sent, not "cached" to be sent or whatever...) i imagine Mail to be no exception...

5. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

AOL can unsend emails that you've sent to other AOL members (as long as the recipient hasn't read the email yet), but that's it, I'm sure regular programs like Mail can't do that.

6. Lanbrown macrumors 6502a

Some corporate email programs can from others on the same email system. If you send an email to someone on a different email system, like someone at a different company then no you cannot. It is no different then trying to recall a postal letter you sent, once you put it in the blue box, there is no getting it back.

7. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

FirstClass Client and AOL are the only mail programs that allow for unsending messages.

Sorry Dude

TEG

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Yes, I've seen the "unsend" feature in Novell GroupWise. But send it to someone's home address for example, and it's gone.

BTW the boxes are red and white here :) (or maybe they're black and white, can't remember at the moment)