Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amy2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
North Yorkshire, England
Hi
My mum and dad each have an iPod and use 1 computer for it. Can I use the same iTunes to sync up or will i have to uncheck mum's songs each time i update dads iPod and vica-versa for mum's iPod, or is there a way that I can have 2 iTunes librarys on 1 computer?
Thanks
Amy :)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The easiest way to have two separate iTunes libraries may be to set up two user accounts. It helps to enable fast user switching, only because then there's a quick way to tell who is logged in.

Another way to do it is with playlists. With each iPod plugged in, you can click on the little iPod button at the bottom of the iTunes window, click the music tab, then pick what playlists should be automatically updated. One complication is that each will then have to remember to add the songs they want to their personal playlists.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Me and Miss Jaffa Cake both have our iPods running out of the one iTunes library – what we do is to each have our own playlists set up and tell our iPods to only sync with our selected playlists – you can choose the ones you want for each iPod through Preferences/iPod.

It's a simple way to organise things and it works for us.

iSaint

macrumors 603
Jaffa Cake said:
Me and Miss Jaffa Cake both have our iPods running out of the one iTunes library – what we do is to each have our own playlists set up and tell our iPods to only sync with our selected playlists – you can choose the ones you want for each iPod through Preferences/iPod.

It's a simple way to organise things and it works for us.

I'm using this same process with four iPods in our family! Works well for us. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.