Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanstewart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Heyo,

About to snag an Apogee Duet 2, but need to know this first. I'll be running my guitar through an Axe-FX II Digital Preamp and Effects Processor and need to be able to run XLR out of that into the Duet 2 at line level. Obviously the 1/4" inputs on the Duet 2 can do this, but can the XLR inputs be line level as well, or only mic level?

Fingers crossed, lemme know!

Thanks!

ryanstewart

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Yes the Duets XLR willnrun at +4 line level.
Even so you could easily get an XLR to 1/4"TRS
Cable at most music stores and not worry about it.

But wait - using the XLR to 1/4" TRS would not be getting me balanced line...b/c the 1/4" inputs on the Apogee are unbalanced, right? And obviously, going balanced out of the Axe and switching last minute to unbalanced isn't something that you wanna do.

However, since you can send XLR into the Duet 2 at line level, it shouldn't be a problem for my setup anyway.

Papanate

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
North Carolina
But wait - using the XLR to 1/4" TRS would not be getting me balanced line...b/c the 1/4" inputs on the Apogee are unbalanced, right? And obviously, going balanced out of the Axe and switching last minute to unbalanced isn't something that you wanna do.

However, since you can send XLR into the Duet 2 at line level, it shouldn't be a problem for my setup anyway.

Nope the Duet 2 dual XLR/1/4" inputs are balanced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.