Canada's conservative parties unite

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Stelliform, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Here's the link.

What I find most interesting is that their parties are named essentially liberal and conservative. I think that is hilarious. No question there what you are.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

anyone familiar enough w/ the canadian parties able to give an overview of their positions?

3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Canada's conservative parties unite

Yeah, I'm sure it's as simple as your narrow US political stereotypes presume it to be.

Like how Republicans in 1922 Ireland were just like Republicans in 1922 America.

4. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Re: Re: Canada's conservative parties unite

"your narrow US political stereotypes" Sounds a bit like a personal attack there....

So that makes the "Conservative Party of Canada" and the "Liberal Party of Canada" the two major political parties in Canada. I just find it interesting that the political party's dominate political view is in the name of the two major parties.

By the way... (Although this information is dated now due to the party merging.)

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Re: Re: Canada's conservative parties unite

Take it however you will.

Your views on the situation were clearly limited by your prejudice.

6. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

Re: Re: Re: Re: Canada's conservative parties unite

Sorry pseudobrit, I still don't understand how I am prejudiced thinking that the names of the two parties are interesting.

It makes me believe that you are here just to make negative comments against conservative posters.