Canadian Apple Retail Store!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Diatribe, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

According to Apple Insider Canada will have their own retail store soon.
    I'm happy for you guys. :)

2. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

Thanks Diatribe, Shard already relayed the info on this page one thread but I'm glad to hear about it. I live about 2.5kms away from Yorkdale, and I suspect that the Apple store will be moving into the area currently under renovation. It's a pretty popular (and upscale) mall and I don't think Apple will get a chance to move into an existing space any time soon as most of the shops there seem to be doing pretty well for themselves...

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Funny..... I had heard of these particular locations a long long time ago --- Yorkdale and Vaughan-Mills. The other rumour was Yorkdale and Eaton Centre, or Yorkdale and a stand-alone store in the downtown core somewhere. But yeah....Yorkdale and Vaughan-Mills are not surprising.

I don't understand the big deal about Vaughan Mills mall, though. Why it's better than the current Promenade Mall is beyond me. It isn't that Promenade is a good mall --- it's one of the worst malls I've ever been to. But that's not the fault of the mall itself, or its location. It's the fault of the types of stores that are allowed to open in there -- fault of management. They could easily turn Promenade Mall into a great mall. Why build another mall when the new mall could fail just as easily by putting crap stores in there?

4. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I hope it doesn't take the same time like the Canadian iTMS... :p

Next week! Next month! Soon! It's coming...

5. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Yeah i am really looking forward to this. But I am also happy about the new bestbuy location in Burlington. It is awesome.

6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Finally the whining about Canada Apple stores and ITMS will die :D

7. Inkmonkey macrumors 6502

Well I could whine about why it has to be in Toronto. :p

8. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Haha, awsome to see something so close to home, like the promenade mall mentioned.. awsome. And yes, PROMENADE is probably one of the worst malls ive ever been to. don't forget centerpoint. anywase, i heard about vaughan mills also, as of right now theres no apple store being built though, its opening november 4 or 5 ithink, sometime in early november.

nonetheless i cant wait. getting a job there would b awsome.

9. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'm going to whine! it should be in Montreal

10. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

Theres already apple retail stores in Canada, am I missing something?

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^Yes, there are stores opened in Canada that sell Apple, but not Apple retail stores opened specifically by Apple themselves.

@rock6079: And don't forget Hillcrest Mall, either. We have a whole area of bad shopping malls. ;) I live a few minutes from Promenade. Again, it's not a bad mall. It's a beautiful building, and they could put good stores into it and make it better. This new mall Apple wants themselves to be in may be a crap mall as well. It all comes down to the decisions made by management.

Whatever. Hope it opens. If I don't move back to Australia in February, I'll definitely check out the 1st Canadian Apple store! I'll even line up in front of the store overnight and everything!!! :cool:

12. web_god61 macrumors regular

web_god61

^ but there called "B.Mac" and the only sell Apple and third party stuff. Theres the genuis bar and everything.

13. mulanzo macrumors newbie

HAHAH sooo right.... i work at centerpoint :(

14. rock6079 macrumors 6502

yah but hillcrest has a kirspy kreme .... just kiddingi hate that place lol. i dont thik hillcrest is as bad as promenade and centerpoint though lol. and yes i definately too will be lining up.

and the promenade, that mall is like the mall from mallrats, its just used by highschool kids and senior citizens to loiter in, seriously. and i mean, Mr. Sub, common, at least hillcrest and centerpoint have much better food. sorry for all the promenade bashing, but after all these years i feel like its okay for me to do so lol

15. rock6079 macrumors 6502

at least you have a CrappyTire and Subway

16. Spaceman Spiff macrumors regular

How conviently they forget about the 3rd largest city in Canada.... Vancouver!!!!!

No way am I flying for 5 hours to get to an Apple Store. :(

17. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

As far as I can tell B.mac has CLOSED, the Ottawa location closed in the summer, the downtown Montreal store was closed when I went searching for it last week after class... I know they had one more store somewhere in Montreal, but I'm guessing it's closed, as their site has been taken down.

18. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

19. Diatribe thread starter macrumors 601

Diatribe

You're welcome. It's about time you get some love form Apple and now you get iTMS AND an Apple store... now you're spoiled. :p :D