Canadian cellphone carriers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SilvorX, Jan 15, 2006.

?

What carrier do you use?

1. Rogers Wireless/Fido

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Bell/Solo Mobile

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Telus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Virgin Mobile

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. MTS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sasktel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Aliant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I don't have a cellphone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

There seems to be a nice size of Canadians here, if you have a cellphone, what carrier are you with, what cellphone model do you have and what sort of price plan do you have? Ever since quitting my job at an American cellphone carrier, I'm starting to get more interested in cellphones sadly enough.

I have cellphone service with Rogers Wireless, have for 2.5 years, they have terrible service near my parents where I sometimes visit, but with my current phone it's heck alot better than it was with an old phone of mine.

I have the Motorola v635, I like it quite a bit, the interface is crud, the phone feels like it'll fall apart someday and the camera stinks, but I enjoy it, has lots of features that I enjoy using every day.

I have a price plan that's something like $30 for 150+50 bonus minutes, $5 service credit, $9 value pack, and $3 WhoCalled text messaging service (very handy for me), I always end up having bills around $75 or so, but its my fault for liking text messaging.

What I don't really like about Canadian carriers is say if you go out of your local calling region (ie going from Toronto to Ottawa, or Alberta to BC), every time you receive a long distance call you get charged long distance, which is just a rip off IMHO, but they have to 'make money' somewheres, so this summer I'm planning on getting a Virgin Mobile phone because I'll be going to Quebec for a month and I wont be able to afford paying long distance charges for every call I receive.

What carrier/phone/plan do you have?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You're paying too much. I had Fido and they had quite good prices. Woof woof. Well......I never ended up paying $75.

I didn't even know there was a virgin mobile in Canada, so that's news to me. :p