Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Darrin Bell, who writes the Candorville comic strip, seems to know a bit about us forum users.

Here is yesterday's strip (original here).

Other than our minimum forum age being 13 (excluding 12-year-olds from Reseda), some of our members probably do spend time planning how to use their "sarcasm and erudite wit" for maximum effect, so perhaps we deserve some teasing about it.

Attachments

• candorville_061126.gif
    candorville_061126.gif
    154.3 KB · Views: 224

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I spent a lot of time writing my first 100 posts. All of the others since have just been repeats, including this one. I've got a little app with all of them in various clipboards. Sometimes, I'll edit them enough to change member names, but that's about it. You'll notice that all of my posts have a small, white-texted two-digit number at the end - that's the post number of the original post.86

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
swedish_chef.jpg

I spent a lut ooff teeme-a vreeting my furst 100 pusts. Ell ooff zee oozeers seence-a hefe-a joost beee repeets, incloodeeng thees oone-a. I'fe-a gut a leettle-a epp veet ell ooff zeem in fereeuoos cleepbuerds. Sumeteemes, I'll ideet zeem inuoogh tu chunge-a member nemes, boot thet's ebuoot it. Yuoo'll nuteece-a thet ell ooff my pusts hefe-a a smell, vheete-a-texted tvu-deegit noomber et zee ind - thet's zee pust noomber ooff zee ooreeginel pust.86

Mee tu!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I spent a lot of time writing my first 100 posts. All of the others since have just been repeats, including this one. I've got a little app with all of them in various clipboards. Sometimes, I'll edit them enough to change member names, but that's about it. You'll notice that all of my posts have a small, white-texted two-digit number at the end - that's the post number of the original post.86
That's a great joke, jsw. Of course, I liked it better when I made it up in 2003. :rolleyes: See post.

As you'll see in that thread, my bot soon broke, so I'm impressed that yours has been working so reliably.

It would certainly be embarrassing if we were actually taking the time to invent all these posts ourselves.

This reply was generated automatically.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
For ease of reference, I keep bookmarks to all of my previous posts. Doesn't everyone do that? :confused:

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Hey, you look hot in your avatar! You single? Any more pics? Pvt msg?

(I just summed up the entire corpus of MR erudition, right there.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.