Candybar is great, but I have a question...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xlopez, Jul 27, 2006.

1. xlopez macrumors member

You see, Candybar updates every icon of its class. I just bought a Flash Drive and installed a cool little icon in the 'external drive' part in Candybar but I want to have a special icon just for it, same with special folders. So my question is, how do you individually change icons for things like these? BTW I am using OS X 10.4.7. Thanks!

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Select an icon you want to use and copy it to the pasteboard (apple+c). Then click on the flash drive icon and choose 'get info' from file menu. Click on the little icon that appears at the top of the window (not the big one at the bottom) and then paste. Thats it! (i think). Also now 10.4.7 is out I think you might be able to just drag and drop directly from candybar onto the large icon preview in the get info window. :)

Ooh... theres another way too. Open the flash drive so it creates a finder window. See the icon at the top nesxt to the name? Drag a new icon there!

EDIT: By the way if you are an iconaholic pixadex is like itunes for icons.

3. xlopez thread starter macrumors member

That's very simple! Thanks a lot, stuartluff. This is my first MAC and I'm loving it!

4. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Check that it works first I havent done it for ages. :p

Not really related but it allows me to boast... I figured out how to create transparent user account icons last night. You know so they dont sit in a white box. Now everytime i login I have a cool looking icon with drop shadow and everything. :cool: I am SO COOL!