CandyBar screw up!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by drumpat01, Jun 20, 2006.

1. drumpat01 macrumors 6502

drumpat01

Ok i was using candybar to change my icons around and everything was fine. I KNOW it made a backup of my original OSX icons before changing all of them, but when i tried to restore them it didn't find any restore point!! I checked in the folder that they were suppose to be in and that folder doesn't even exist! Trust me, I searched for it every where. So now I'm stuck with different icons when all I want to do is go back to the original OSX icons. Anyone got any ideas on how to do this with out reinstalling OSX?

2. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think Candybar has an option for you to go back to the original icons. I have this app on my Mac and I see "restore icons" on the first screen after I launch the app.

3. Afro1989 macrumors 6502a

I have this same problem also, but only for a few system icons. When I "restore" them it just restores them to a different custom icon I gave it before. Is there any real way to do this?

4. medea macrumors 68030

medea

If you pm me with your email I'll mail you the OS X restoration icons.

5. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Click the app icon at the top of the Get Info window for each app (yes, individually) and once it is highlighted, hit Delete (backspace?) on your keyboard. This should revert most apps back to their original icons, even without user created backups AFAIK. :)

6. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    For me, in Candybar, I can get back to the default icon by just dragging the new icon out of the little box, revealing the older, default icon....