Cannot connect to iTunes Store (iPhone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BoricuaHec01, Oct 5, 2012.

1. BoricuaHec01, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

BoricuaHec01
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

Didn't think I would ever make a thread here about my phone but I'm starting to get annoyed. For the past couple days when I want to download a app from the App Store, it says "cannot connect to iTunes Store" after selecting a app to download. It does it periodically, so it comes and goes. I'll download a app and five minutes later if I want to download another one the message pops up. Anyone have this problem, is there a setting? Happens with both wifi and LTE.

2. BoricuaHec01
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502

3. CRob44
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

i have this problem and stunned i can't find nothing on this site to help me and nobody answering you

4. imacadoo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

I have had this happen to me occasionally. Happened yesterday and the last time was several weeks ago. Haven't downloaded anything new recently but I noticed it when checking for app updates. Problem seems to resolve itself in an hour or so. Odd behavior and not sure why it happens.

5. ggpike
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Happened to me yesterday on both my iPhone and iPad. It seemed to work itself out by late afternoon.

6. imacadoo, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012

imacadoo
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Having a (perhaps) related problem. My i5 is showing a badge saying I have 4 updates but when I click on updates the screen says all apps are up to date, yet the update button at the lower right still has the badge showing 4 updates. I am NOT getting the "cannot connect to itunes" error message but nothing is happening.

EDIT: This seems to have rectified itself after a couple of hours. Updates appeared. Clicked Update All and they updated. I'm guessing it was a "cannot connect to itunes" problem without the error message.