Cannot download additional components for Mac OS X Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleMacFinder, May 1, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

I have messed up with my partition table, so I rescued my files using Ubuntu LiveCD,
    reformatted the entire drive and going to make a clean install.

I am using a bootable Mac OS X Lion installation DVD which is fine and previously worked.
    However, I get "cannot download additional components" error, despite I am connected to the Internet.
    Please tell me, how to solve that problem?

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

Downgrading the RAM back to stock RAM solved the problem! :)
    Never thought the OS can refuse to install just because the RAM is "too good to be true" :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 603

heisenberg123

i had the same problem found i had defective ram you can test yours with this MemTest

FYI just because about this mac reads all the RAM you might still have a defective stick

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

AppleMacFinder

RAM is fine, I have tested it - both with advanced Apple Hardware Test and Memtest
    (by the way, Memtest is unable to test all 8GB, even in command-line mode)

It seems, I have had this problem because 1600MHz is not officially supported.

5. macrumors 603

heisenberg123

good to know I guess there are a few reasons thats Cannont download additional components error drove me nuts for 3 days before I read about putting original back in

maybe in your case it has to do with them being 1600Mhz

I should try some day when I have time to try a clean install now that my 8GB are tested and working to see if it works