Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowkee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
My friend gave her old iPhone 3GS 32GB to me and I was anxious to use it, I was charging it like 2-3 hours and then, it works 100% fine but just kind of looks old since it was never used like for 3 years and got stored in a drybox. The device was jailbroken since it had a Cydia app but since I want to use it like a fresh device so I ran to Erase All Content and Settings. I gave it like 20 to 30 minutes tops and after a few loading screens, it got stucked in an Apple Logo for like 2-3 minutes. I also attempt to do have the device go through DFU or Recovery Mode like a couple of times but it still doesn't go through.

I also followed the steps from this article, and it was still no use for me:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/jailbroken-iphone-stuck-on-apple-logo-after-reset.1091916/

Anyone can help on this? Thanks in advance.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
My friend gave her old iPhone 3GS 32GB to me and I was anxious to use it, I was charging it like 2-3 hours and then, it works 100% fine but just kind of looks old since it was never used like for 3 years and got stored in a drybox. The device was jailbroken since it had a Cydia app but since I want to use it like a fresh device so I ran to Erase All Content and Settings. I gave it like 20 to 30 minutes tops and after a few loading screens, it got stucked in an Apple Logo for like 2-3 minutes. I also attempt to do have the device go through DFU or Recovery Mode like a couple of times but it still doesn't go through.

I also followed the steps from this article, and it was still no use for me:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/jailbroken-iphone-stuck-on-apple-logo-after-reset.1091916/

Anyone can help on this? Thanks in advance.

1, never ever select Erase All Content and Settings on a JB'n device.

2, what happens when you connect it to iTunes?

Reactions: lowkee

lowkee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2016
1, never ever select Erase All Content and Settings on a JB'n device.

2, what happens when you connect it to iTunes?

It doesn't go through with iTunes. Also, I tried it with my desktop and 2 laptops, still no go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.