Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhoseLineFan

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
New Hampshire
I am trying to install some apps but I am getting this message instead.

Cannot Download

There is not enough available storage.

You can manage your storage in Settings.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I am trying to install some apps but I am getting this message instead.

Cannot Download

There is not enough available storage.

Surprised this hasn't got a response yet. Basically you don't have enough storage left on your phone as it's full. Delete some videos/pictures/music to free up space.

Reactions: WhoseLineFan

WhoseLineFan

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
New Hampshire
I just had to uninstall an app and now I cannot reinstall it.

Instead, I am getting this message.

Cannot Download

There is not enough available storage to download AOL Radio.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
If you don't have enough space, then you will need to do something to get more space. Maybe deleting another app, or delete something else so you have more space on your iPod.
Another way to gain more space is to connect your iPod to iTunes on your computer, then do a backup, followed by a restore on your iPad. That will erase your iPad, then restore with current iOS version. Then, restore your backup. It's all done within iTunes. You should end up with enough space to reinstall the app that you want to reinstall.
That should take care of your storage issue.

WhoseLineFan

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
New Hampshire
If you don't have enough space, then you will need to do something to get more space. Maybe deleting another app, or delete something else so you have more space on your iPod.
Another way to gain more space is to connect your iPod to iTunes on your computer, then do a backup, followed by a restore on your iPad. That will erase your iPad, then restore with current iOS version. Then, restore your backup. It's all done within iTunes. You should end up with enough space to reinstall the app that you want to reinstall.
That should take care of your storage issue.

I don't want to do that.

I don't want to have to reinstall all of the apps that I currently have on my device right now again.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
OK.
Great.
But you came here wanting to have extra space, and I told you one (good) way to do it.
If you are unsure about the full restore, then just leave it as it is. That's your choice.
I think you can likely fumble around and maybe come up with some more space, but the iTunes restore is a safe process, and works well.
All you need is to let it do that, be patient, don't rush the process.

You'll be fine.
The restore process takes care of all that for you. iTunes shows you what apps are installed on your iPod, and you can pick and choose which actually go back in place.
It's really that easy.
Plus, the full restore, even if you keep the same exact set of apps, will usually leave you with more space, because the restore process leaves out the data files that each app creates over time. And that can consume quite a lot of your storage space.
You should end up with more space available, and that's your goal, correct?

WhoseLineFan

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
New Hampshire
OK.
Great.
But you came here wanting to have extra space, and I told you one (good) way to do it.
If you are unsure about the full restore, then just leave it as it is. That's your choice.
I think you can likely fumble around and maybe come up with some more space, but the iTunes restore is a safe process, and works well.
All you need is to let it do that, be patient, don't rush the process.

You'll be fine.
The restore process takes care of all that for you. iTunes shows you what apps are installed on your iPod, and you can pick and choose which actually go back in place.
It's really that easy.
Plus, the full restore, even if you keep the same exact set of apps, will usually leave you with more space, because the restore process leaves out the data files that each app creates over time. And that can consume quite a lot of your storage space.
You should end up with more space available, and that's your goal, correct?

Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.