Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giommin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
Help!!!

I try to install Missing Sync for windows mobile on my Powerbook G4 and when i'm in the .mpkg installation process it comes up an icon which says: "Syncmate has been detected on this computer, please completely uninstall syncmate before using the Missing Sync" -

ATTACHMENT 1 (PICTURE 5)

I don't know what syncmate is. I downloaded a previous demo a month ago but i pretty much thought i had deleted and uninstalled everything. (i also did the login items in the system prefernces thing)

I tried everything to delete this syncmate software who's causing trouble but i don't seem to find it anywhere.

if anybody had this problem before and can help me, or even knows how to deal with such a problem, please help!!

thank you so much for your help and your time,

apple user all the way :apple:
G.N.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 491

puta que pariu

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
I have got the same problem

please excuse my bad english; since today I have the same problem and I cannot search about syncmate at appcleaner! The syncmate isn't registered in my system, so I cannot delete at appcleaner! What can wo do also?

Thanks

puta que pariu

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
I have it

You have to delete:

"/System/Library/Extensions/EltimaAsync.kext"
"/Library/Application Support/EltimaSyncMate/SyncMateStarter.app"
"/Library/Application Support/EltimaSyncMate/BackService.app"

At my mac it works.

giommin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2008
another problemo came up!!!

You have to delete:

At my mac it works.

thank you you helped me a lot.... i deleted syncmate... thank you

although it turned out to be another problem: when i try to install the missing sync for windows mobile the only things it downloades are: call log and sms log and not the actual "the missing sync for windows mobile" software... anyobody, help?

ploughguy

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2008
Sounds like Mother Nature...

...is telling you to go back to SyncMate. It works really well for me - HTC touch with SpottyCat 10.5.5.

Of course, we should both just buy proper phones...

The installation DMG has an Uninstaller that knows how to use the driver, for those who are determined.
Russ.

sundj15

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
more problems

when i put all those in the trash and try to empty it a message comes up saying "the operation can't be completed because the item "rapiback" is in use." what is rapiback and how is it in use? I restarted my computer before doing all of this so no apps were running. i need help.

Padreruf

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2010
Further help

When I try to send syncmate to the trash I get a message that it is open. How do I close it?

et3lk12

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2010
hopefully solved it

I had the same problem with this pesky application that kept reminding me to sync with annoying popups. I just deleted those files mentioned above:

If you cannot delete them from the trash because they are in use, you can pull up the activity monitor (under utilities) and manually quit the following jobs: rapiback and two others I forget the name of but had sync in the title so it's obvious (they should be tasks under your username, not "root" which sounds dangerous and I wouldn't mess with any of that).

Maris421

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2010
I'm having same problem - can't uninstall all SyncMate components

I had the same problem with this pesky application that kept reminding me to sync with annoying popups. I just deleted those files mentioned above:

If you cannot delete them from the trash because they are in use, you can pull up the activity monitor (under utilities) and manually quit the following jobs: rapiback and two others I forget the name of but had sync in the title so it's obvious (they should be tasks under your username, not "root" which sounds dangerous and I wouldn't mess with any of that).

Using activity monitor allowed me to delete SyncMateStarter (thank you) but I can't find rapiback there.

dallasnm

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
Its not working

I tried everything I read on here and still when I try and run missing sync it tells me I have syncmate on my mac. I've deleted everything... any ideas?

voyage420

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2010
How do I uninstall SyncMate?

I'm having the same problem on my macbook Leopard 13 inch. I tryed to look for the files in my system, did not find them. Have done all kinds of things and still get that message. Missing Sync rocks, it works just fine for me but the mentioned message is making me crazy!!

bobbyfils

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2010
Use the SyncMate Uninstaller

I had the same issue. After removing the application, I still received daily pop up reminders that I needed to sync. After some research, here is another possible solution that I stumbled upon:

http://wiki.eltima.com/knowledge-base/syncmate/uninstall-syncmate.html

How to uninstall SyncMate

To uninstall SyncMate software from your Mac:

1. Find syncmate.dmg file on your Mac. There will be 2 packages: installer.pkg and uninstaller.pkg
2. Double click on uninstaller.pkg (make sure that the folder /Library/Application Support/EltimaSyncMate/ and also the file /System/Library/Extensions/EltimaAsync.kext are not present in your system)
3. Restart your Mac

To uninstall SyncMate software from your mobile phone:

1. Go to Remove programs application
2. Choose SyncMate driver and press Remove
3. Reboot your mobile device

If you already moved SyncMate to trash we recommend you to download SyncMate again from here - http://mac.eltima.com/download/syncmate.dmg and then uninstall it properly

RealityFarmer

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
SW Oklahoma
I had the same issue. After removing the application, I still received daily pop up reminders that I needed to sync. After some research, here is another possible solution that I stumbled upon:

http://wiki.eltima.com/knowledge-base/syncmate/uninstall-syncmate.html

How to uninstall SyncMate

To uninstall SyncMate software from your Mac:

1. Find syncmate.dmg file on your Mac. There will be 2 packages: installer.pkg and uninstaller.pkg
2. Double click on uninstaller.pkg (make sure that the folder /Library/Application Support/EltimaSyncMate/ and also the file /System/Library/Extensions/EltimaAsync.kext are not present in your system)
3. Restart your Mac

To uninstall SyncMate software from your mobile phone:

1. Go to Remove programs application
2. Choose SyncMate driver and press Remove
3. Reboot your mobile device

If you already moved SyncMate to trash we recommend you to download SyncMate again from here - http://mac.eltima.com/download/syncmate.dmg and then uninstall it properly

This worked perfectly. Thank you for this post.

betsydesmond

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2013
Thanks for the easy syncmate fix!

I appreciate this fix for Syncmate's annoying reminders!

You have to delete:

At my mac it works.

Psellitto

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
Thanks for the easy syncmate fix!

I appreciate this fix for Syncmate's annoying reminders!

Thanks to this info my Mac is back up. It appears that after upgrading to El Capitan that SyncMate decided to cause kernel panic preventing me from booting. BTW I removed this software over a month ago.

wkhatch

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2015
Thanks to this info my Mac is back up. It appears that after upgrading to El Capitan that SyncMate decided to cause kernel panic preventing me from booting. BTW I removed this software over a month ago.

How did you resolve this? I can't get a clean boot; single user isn't even getting me to a prompt. Just hangs shortly after the kernel panic on com.eltima.SyncMate.kext.

Psellitto

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2015
How did you resolve this? I can't get a clean boot; single user isn't even getting me to a prompt. Just hangs shortly after the kernel panic on com.eltima.SyncMate.kext.

Power off, then power on and hold Command + R until the process bar starts loading this will take you to the recovery menu, from there select terminal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.