Cannot rejoin home wifi

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Rwritson, Oct 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

My wife lost the home wifi connection last week. Our router provides an open, as well as a secured signal and it was the latter she lost, being told the "settings were incorrect". Following advice on this forum we selected "forget this network" and subsequently reset the network settings.
    However, now, when we ask to join the secured network we are asked for a user Id and password. No idea what the Id should be and the normal WEP password isnt accepted.
    Any ideas please ?
    Thanks

2. macrumors regular

Is your router broadcasting your SSID

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Texran.
    I assume the names displayed in the "Choose a network ..." box are the SSIDs, one Public Wifi, the other NEUF_AE0C, is the one we cannot join.
    Hope that helps

4. macrumors regular

If your network name NEUF_AE0C is visible, once you choose it you should get a password box Only, not an ID and Password box.
    Can you connect with any other iPad, phone, or computer.

5. macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

What kind of router are you using, that is very interesting. I've never seen a router with a user and password prompt. Just the usual WEP/WPA key

6. macrumors regular

I have met this problem as you, my solution is clicking the choose a network and then choosing the pubilc wifi. Hope this helps you.

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Texran and Dhelsdon

The wifi is produced by the ISP router (french Neufbox) and I have no idea where the User Id comes in either. We have a repeater, TP-Link and wondered if this might be causing the problem ?

Thanks again for your help

----------

That works but for some reason the public signal is not as good as the secured network.

8. macrumors regular

Look in your keychain.

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, can you explain this a little please?
    \