cannot resize Netscape window

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Jean Mc, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Jean Mc macrumors newbie

hello All.
    I thought I was getting along pretty well for a LOL....now in my new Panther I cannot decifer which/where the preference files are to take care of one and only problem so far......Netscape is locked into a display size so large I cannot access the bottom right hand corner to resize it. Closing, and reopening, or closing after setting up a smaller window does not reset as smaller, goes back to unusable large view. So, "trash preference file, and let application make itself a new one"....now-how-brown cow?

Enlighten and teach me, you young wizards......
    best regards from Jean, a very nice pure MAC lady who is locked in a mixed marriage with a die-hard PC husband. But she loves him anyway.

2. reaper macrumors 6502

Have you tried using the green button to make it "maximized" or whatever it's called when you allot the maximum amount of space a window can use on the screen and still be visible without interfering with the dock? This should make the window come into the screen and then just resize from there. Unless I'm not understanding what you're wanting to do.

- reaper

Edit: Sorry to hear about the rocky computer relationship... it's like you're from Venus and he's from Mars! :D Couldn't resist. :p

3. Jean Mc thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a green button? Huh?...am on laptop remember...(+, I just changed my Netscape view from "Classic" to the modern looking Aqua type, just to check.
    no
    button

4. reaper macrumors 6502

I don't use netscape so I'm not familiar with the window themes, however there should still be the three buttons in the upper left corner. Use the right-most button and it should "maximize" the window. Let me know if this works. Otherwise, I'm not at my Mac right now (I'm at work) so maybe someone else can help out. Hope it helps. :(

- reaper

5. Jean Mc thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you reaper...ah, the "X" "_" and "+" buttons, yes, well, they're just not green as I see them.

no, no difference, still stuck on maximun view.

I believe I'll take the dumb way out and reinstall Netscape, and see if the plugged up preferences follow me......

G'Nite.

6. HexMonkey Administrator

HexMonkey

Staff Member

For Netscape 7.1, the file that stores information about window sizes (among other settings) is located at Home/Library/Mozilla/Profiles/[Profile name]/[Folder]/localstore.rdf, where [Profile name] is the name of the profile you're using in Netscape and [Folder] is a folder named with a random alphanumeric string. Move or delete this file (while Netscape is not open) to revert to the default settings.