Cannot restore with custom ipsw

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by MasterN13, Apr 21, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

I built a custom restore ipsw with Pwnage tool but when I try to restore my Ipod with it, I either get error 1600 if its in DFU mode or error 21 if its in recovery mode. Any help on how to fix this?

2. macrumors 68040

andybno1

try in a different usb port..... if that doesn't work then try just restoring with an official ipsw firmware, if you can restore with official and not custom then use quickpwn instead of pwnagetool

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried quickpwn but it gets stuck at the frst screen where you have to select your device it doesn't let me choose any of them

4. macrumors 68040

andybno1

and what about the other usb port or official restore?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried official restore and it worked. Tried to restore with custom ipsw after that and still got an error. Will try different port

6. macrumors 68040

andybno1

I was wondering if it was the USB port but since the official ipsw works it could be pwnagetool is producing a corrupt ipsw?

7. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well all I know is that Itunes won't restore with that ipsw. I even tried making a new one and still had the same problems. I would use a different program but quickpwn doesn't work and I don't know any other good ones for Mac...:(

edit: tried redsnOw it worked fine SUCESS!!!!

8. macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you said you had a 2g iPod that would of made all this much more easier ;)