Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
Lately, every time I try to reply to an email, or initiate an email, I am getting the following error message:

Cannot Send Mail - The sender address was invalid

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? The addresses are all legit. I'm using a Comcast Pop email account.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Lately, every time I try to reply to an email, or initiate an email, I am getting the following error message:

Cannot Send Mail - The sender address was invalid

Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it? The addresses are all legit. I'm using a Comcast Pop email account.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

The sender address is your email address, it's stored in the email settings on the phone. Has this got corrupted so that the Comcast server does not recognise it? Check in Settings.

ballen420

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
South of Boston
So that's what sender means! D'oh. Too early in the morning still.

I don't see any issues with the setup in my settings. Everything appears as I believe it should.

Anything specific I need to do with Comcast? Or anything change recently?

I didn't have this issue with my old iPhone. And I have no issues receiving email.

timhalv

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2010
I tried to get the right information for quite a while. I finally tried the following, and it worked:

Having AT&T, Go to the affected account, and change the outgoing smtp and change it to cwmx.com . I previously had it as smtp.cwmx.com and that seems to not work anymore. If you take out the smtp. that should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.