Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brian Russell

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2017
Need help with iPod touch, it will not let me slide to unlock, I have restored it and it works great for a couple of hours and then it will once again not let me slide to unlock. I have reset it and again, okay for a short time. Can I disengage to slide portion to open the iPod? What can I do? Thanks a lot

Reno Raines

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2015
What kind of iPod touch is it and what iOS is on it? The reason being the iPod touch 6 on iOS 10 no longer has slide to unlock so if you have a6 you could just update to iOS 10.

garya73

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2013
Delaware, USA
My 5th gen has started acting up lately. It will shut off (battery completely drained would be my assumption), but when I plug it in it fires up with about 60% battery life. When not plugged in the battery drains pretty quickly. It's mainly for playing music in my car, but I have been relying on it to use certain retail apps since I currently don't have a cell phone.

Anyway, my issue is with the "back" button in apps. It will become totally nonresponsive and I have to mash on it like 10 times or so to finally get it to work. I have it on 9.3.5, which is the last version of iOS 9 that has been released for the touch. I have not tried to restore it because I have like 45gb of music and that would take forever. Maybe there is some issue with nonresponsive parts of screens, I really don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.