Cannot swipe back between previous page and next page in Finder (Lion)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Henry Li, Jul 21, 2011.

1. macrumors member

After updating to Lion, I cannot swipe back to previous page in Finder with either three fingers or two two fingers, as if what I did in Snow Leopard. Any solution to it?:(

Thanks!

2. macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Trackpad Prefpane, More Gestures, Swipe Between Pages. Easy fix.

3. macrumors regular

i have this enabled but it disables my Three-Finger Drag.

4. thread starter macrumors member

It does not support two-finger swipe in Finder. Once you turn on three-finger swipe, it works, but swiping between fullscreen apps will become 4 fingers which sounds quite strange to me.

Therefore, I better abandon the swiping within Finder. I'm disappointed with Lion.

5. macrumors regular

Ah, that's better! Just was annoyed by not being able to swipe back, and found it here - set to 3-finger page swipe.

I'm not bothered about 3 finger drag. I'd end up dragging stuff random places sooner or later! :)

6. macrumors 6502a

I have this problem...I have 3 finger swipe enabled, but as soon as you switch to another app from your Finder window and then back, the swipe won't work. I have to open a new Finder window, then it will work again. Driving me absolutely insane...why did they have to screw with the basics???

7. macrumors newbie

I was also missing the 3-finger swipe in safari and finder, but also thing think the two finger swipe is good also, especially for pdfs. If you change the 'Swipe between pages' to 2 or 3, it gives you the old three finger back, but doesn't lose the new two-finger gesture. It does mean the swiping between full-screen apps moves to 4 fingers, but that is manageable. Much happier now I've found that.

8. macrumors newbie

This is what worked for me. I thought a gesture for going back and forward a page would be universal (i.e., just two-finger swipe), but whatever, this is what I did.

Sucks there's no option for this on the Magic Mouse, though. Going back/forward a page is one-finger swipe, whereas swiping between full-screen apps in two. If you change back/forward to two-finger swipe, it disables the ability to swipe between full-screen apps. Lame.