Cannot transfer files from another iTunes library without deleting the stuff on iPod

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jiddick ExRex, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

What is this all about? I need to access another iTunes library to get some songs off of it and I cannot do that because when inserting my Shuffle on the other iMac (with the other library) I can either say a) Disagree to sync with another library thus ejecting the iPod, or b) deleting everything on it in able to get the new pieces of music. Wtf is that all about?! Any help?

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

It's all about Apple making the iPod not be a device for rampant piracy, duh. :rolleyes:

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

You can only sync your iPod with one library at a time.

So all you need to do is merge the libraries onto one Mac then you are set.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Shuffles are only able to be associated with one music library on one computer, all other iPods can be used in the manner you describe but shuffles cannot.

5. Jiddick ExRex thread starter macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

How horribly inconvenient and un-user friendly. Thanks for the responses though!

6. Jiddick ExRex thread starter macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Deuh, but seeing as non-shuffles can do this it's not quite a valid point. Besides, it's legal to share the songs to up to 5 computers at a time, duh yourself :)