Canoga Park, CA (Westfield Topanga)

Discussion in 'iPhone Purchaser Meetups' started by mkzamora, Jun 16, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

I plan to be there with a buddy around 4pm. Not aiming to be first. I still got to work. :p. Although if there are two different lines that will be sort of lame since I will be upgrading and he will be activating a new iphone. Anyways see you all there.

2. macrumors regular

I wanna be there but I unfortunately have class until 6. =( Maybe I should skip. :D Were you at Topanga during the Leopard launch?

3. macrumors newbie

I'll be there in the morning to check it out, to see if any is going on, I'll be hanging out at the mall if nothing happens, if something starts, like a line, i will start to wait.
    i hope it will be selling in the morning due to the in store activation, if the in store activation doesn't happen and it stay the way the original iphone is i will not mind the 6 p.m opening:)

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I was not there for the Leopard lauch so I have not idea what it would be like. The question still remains what time will it launch. Normally mall stores open at 10 or 10:30. But if they say they are going to mirro the original iphone lauch then it should be at 6pm.

5. macrumors newbie

javieralvarez

called yesterday...

...and the store employee said as of now, they hadn't heard anything new. However, I did read somewhere that they are having a meeting on July 6th to discuss the iPhone 3g launch procedures...

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well work was more important to me than a phone today, but I'll be in line tomorrow morning. Thinking about arriving by 5am. I heard from some employees that they are opening at 8am and some said 9am. Is it some kind of tactic, to keep away the rush. Either way I want my phone so I'll be there. Is anyone certain what time they are going to open Saturday.

Also I swung by after the mall closed and there were still about 40 people in line but the line was cut off and they claimed that the AT&T servers were down, so they were sending away everyone in line with some kind of reservation sticker.