Canon i80 printer

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by markjones05, Mar 24, 2004.

1. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I was looking at this printer today and would really like to buy it for its space saving and portablility qualities. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. pros or cons. It is very small and doesnt look like it can hold that much paper, is this a factor? any imput would be great.

Thanx guys,

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

Sep 24, 2002
    Canon's are great printers!
  3. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Jan 24, 2004
    East Lansing, MI
    It all depends on how much you print in regards to the paper tray. I too am looking at these "portable" printers. My only knock against the Canon is it can't print legal size. I need that for trail maps. I have been leaning towards the HP 450cbi but more research is required on my part.
  4. tedwin macrumors newbie

Aug 22, 2003
    I have the i70

(I think that they are pretty much the same) It works just fine, takes up very little space, matches the colour of my PB, holds lot's of bits of paper-you can always put more in. It prints photo quality (directly if you have a Canon digital camera)
    The ink cartridges are very small, it's pricey. It doesn't catch the bits of paper its printed on so if you have it near the edge of your desk or on a stand the printed sheets fall on the floor.