Canon IP6600D + AP Express

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by beige matchbox, Apr 15, 2006.

1. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Just wandering if the canon ip6600d printer is fully compatible with the airport express? eg. head cleaning etc. all work? The card reader would be nice working too since its there

I remember seeing a compatibility list somewhere with issue lists next to each printer, can't find it now though

If not can someone recommend a good printer that has separate ink tanks and preferably 6 colour :) not bothered with all the computer less printing, i like the 6600 because of the ink setup and general print quality

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

I have this setup with my iMac (Intel) and everything seems to be working fine. I say fine since it worked very well with my iMac G5 as the only difference is you can't see a low ink level on the Intel iMac screen (window box) but it shows this on the printer screen which is nice.
    As far as the card reader goes it worked with the G5 iMac, that is I put it in and iPhoto opened up and it did it's thing. Also it was able to put pictures onto the CF card I had if it were blank from iPhoto using the software Canon gave on the cd.
    As of now I haven't tried to do much with it on my newer Intel iMac so I can't say 100% if all things are a go...I only can say they were with the G5 iMac I had. I hope this helps you out as it's a great printer :)

3. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

And that with the printer connected to an airport express?

You kinda make it sound like it's connected directly ;)

If it is hooked up to an airport, then great, sounds perfect :cool:

4. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

What I have is the Canon iP6600D plugged into the Airport Express using the USB slot. This way I can print using wireless and transfer the pictures from a CF card (using the built-in card reader on the iP6600D) to my iMac or iBook and then edit them in PSE3 or iPhoto.
    I did this once to see if it would work which was using the software that Canon supplied, transfered some pictures from iPhoto onto the CF card, then checked them with my camera to see if the pictures were transfered. They did and this was done using my AE station and having my AE card turned on.
    I hope I'm understanding this/explaining it correct :eek: ;)

5. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox