Canon Printer Driver - OS X

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Btoney, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Btoney macrumors newbie

Aug 26, 2003
    Ontario, Canada.
    I acquired a Canon i850 printer about a month ago which I am running with Mac OS 10.2. Although I have used it extensively, the ink level in all the cartridges still appears as full when I open up the utility which displays this information.
    I wonder if I have either a software or hardware problem? Perhaps the level will appear to drop sharply at some point - like my car's gas gauge - or is something wrong? Can someone with experience with this printer/driver advise me?
  2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I bought one of those last week and I'm loving it so far. I haven't used the utility you speak of but it could work the same as you car's gas gauge and you'll suddenly see it drop. Is it possible that you really have that much ink though? Maybe it's telling you the truth.
  3. Alte22a macrumors 6502

Feb 25, 2003
    back in London
    I have a canon F9000 and my sister has a i950, they bought rock. To my knowledge both printers F9000 with my PM and i950 with LCD imac, runs fine and the utility is very accurate. The cartridges are very economical. maybe you should print more..:D