Canon printer driver

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cool11, Feb 7, 2007.

1. cool11 macrumors 65816

cool11

I just installed the mac os x driver of my printer, canon pixma 4000. It prints my documents, but that's all.

The driver have few options compared to the windows one. No paper selection, no tray-cassete selection, no black-white print option, no quality selection of print option(draft-normal-best) etc.
    I think this is abnormal.

I could think that driver does not installed properly, but it can show me the estimated ink level and other things that make me believe that it is installed properly.

Any help please?

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Huh... that's definitely abnormal. Canon generally has good Mac printer drivers, and I have a Pixma 4200 (slightly newer version of your printer) which shows every one of those options and more.

Just to confirm you're looking in the right place, when you print a document and the Print dialogue comes up, you do have the correct printer selected from the pop up list at the top, and when you select, say, "Quality and Media" from the settings popup under that you don't see anything there, or there is no Quality and Media item at all?

3. cool11 thread starter macrumors 65816

cool11

You were right! I was looking for a driver similar to the one the windows has, but the mac driver is different!
    No central point of declare the quality of printing and other options. Only through the standalone applications.

Thank you.

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

Glad that helped. Remember, though, that you can use the print dialogue to save any particular set of presets you like using that middle pop-up menu. That should be available from every application, and is a good way to make changing the settings quick.