Canon shopping

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by josepht, Sep 25, 2004.

1. josepht macrumors member

josepht

I'm in the market for a new digital camera and I've narrowed it down to three choices: the Canon Powershot S60, the Canon Powershot S410, or the Canon Powershot S500. I like the S60 best, but tell me your opinions.

Thanks

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

Look up steves-digicams.com and dpreview.com and decide for yourself.

3. sarae macrumors 6502

I had a powershot s45 for about a year and a half when it died. I loved it, though, and was tempted to replace it with the s60..however I decided to go for a little more and got the g5. i don't know anyone with the s500, but i know of two people with the s410 and they both love it.

it all comes down to how you're gonna use it - the s410 is small and takes good pictures, but has virtually no manual features. the s60 is bigger (though i could stick my s45 in my coat pocket and carried it with me everywhere) and has a fairly nice selection of manual options - as well as several pre-set settings.

i suggest looking at dpreview.com they have a nice forum and reviews of many cameras.