Canon Thats Your Last Straw! :(

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by crazysaxchris, Dec 3, 2005.

1. crazysaxchris macrumors member

crazysaxchris

Well recently my canon Elura 50 has been acting up:( . Ever since I bought it for (399.99) It's had the same problem. Some times when playing Mini Dv tapes back it fuzzes distorted, and it playes one second, blue screen, one second. I tried cleaning the heads, but no use. When I told canon about it they wanted me to send it in for a "FREE" analysis and estimate. The gruisifiying costumer report representitive todl me I could trade the old one back for 199.99 and get some zr thing. Or the charging to fix it would be from 30-250.00. IT"S ALOMST CHRISTMAS, I DON"T WANT TO PAY EVEN MORE FOT THE STUPID CAMCORDER. It's one week off of the original warranty, but I'm going to have to send it in to get the "Estimate"! The lady at Canon was so mean and b?y, she was also snacking on some kid of gronola. :confused: So now I wont have it for Christmas and going to have to lug out the old JVC. BOY AM I SO MAD! I hate canon, and oh it's not the ccd problem she checked that ??? Caono is the worst camera company ever. They won't even get it for free. Thanks Canon for the best filmed Christams ever.

2. iEdd macrumors 68000

iEdd

Sorry about your bad luck, but really, what's bitching going to do for you? If this thread is to warn us about customer service or something about canon, thanks.. I think.

3. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

So your camera has had an ongoing problem since you bought it and you waited until it was out of warranty to get it checked out? And now its canon's fault because they want to help you out by giving you an estimate of cost or a trade in? You can thank yourself for your best filmed christmas ever.

4. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Did you buy it used broken? And now it is almost out of warrenty? That is what I am reading, or atleast I hope so. Since it wouldn't be the smartest thing to buy a broken camera new and wait until the warrenty was almost up to get it repaired. Canon is like any other company, they have problems and as long as your item is under warrenty they will fix it. Don't blame them, blame yourself for not getting the problem looked at sooner.

5. slinky0390 macrumors regular

actually ive been less than impressed with canon.. i have an elura 65 and after about a month of use the zoom button broke.. then everything started to go haywire.. luckally, i have the circuit city warente.. so i have to send the camera in and theyll give me a giftcard for what i paied for it.. but my dad has a canon powershot and the zoom broke too.. hes had it fixed 6 times and it keeps breaking.. i think canon should step it up a bit