Canopus ADVC100

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by benixau, Jan 5, 2003.

1. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

I am looking at getting a ADVC100 and was wondering how do you use it.

does it work with imovie?
    does it work with FCP?
    can i use it independently to record to HD?
    can i use it to go fron say DV -> VHS?
    can i play back to a RCA device directly from imovie or FCP?

also has anyone had problems with it? I use X.2.3 so i have al the latest stuff (not FCP yet)

thanx

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Re: Canopus ADVC100

Yes.
    Yes.
    Do you mean plug a, for exaple, plug it straight into a FW HDD? I don't think it can do that.
    Yes.
    Yes.

The Canopus ADC-100 is probably the best A/D converter out there right now. If you don't need all of it's features (it's geared for prosumers) you can get a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge for $50-100 less and achieve the same results.

Lethal

3. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Re: Canopus ADVC100

The ADVC100 is just an interface thta converts RCA signal to Firewire, that is it. FCP just gets a standard Firewire incoming signal. The same the other way around, when you reproduce something it will output trhu thr Firewire port and the ADVC100 will get that and translated in to what ever.

The Hollywood Bridge does the same thing, but looks like there is some problem synking with defective vhs tapes.... and the ADVC100 has color bars (if you care about it).

I do not have one but I have been trying to get one for that past 6 months and I have been doing my home work. I may go for the ADVC100 because (even is uglier) I want to work with reliable equipment.

4. benixau thread starter macrumors 65816

benixau

thankyou all. your responses have assured me that when i spend my AUD700 to get one of these things i wont be wasting it.

just one more question. does it use an external power supply or it is firewire powered. thankyou all.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

6. benixau thread starter macrumors 65816

benixau

thanx LethalWolfe.

thanx again to all who responded