CanoScan 8400F problem with intel iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kyeblue, Feb 14, 2006.

1. kyeblue macrumors member

Nov 25, 2003
    Long Island, New York
    My intel iMac does not find my CanoScan 8400F, although I check all cable connections, iMac could not find the scanner.

did anyone has the same experience or know a solution for the problem?
  2. munkees macrumors 65816

Sep 3, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    I got my canon LIDE 20 to work

I got my cheap canon LIDE 20 to work, I did not try plug and play, I just downloaded the driver and scantools from canon. installed them, Then I plug in the scanner and it worked, see it in systems prefs.

did you install the drivers etc?
  3. kugino macrumors 65816

Jul 10, 2003
    i have the 8400F and it works fine on my imac. i did a new install (didn't transfer apps from my old mac) of the software and drivers...TWAIN works in photoshop and ps elements 3. try and reinstall the software and drivers...
  4. Mary k macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2008
    imac and canoscan 8400F

Have installed the driver... it says it can't find it. I know my software is outdated but found what i think is the latest and installed it. Still does not connect. Can use it with the laptop so I know the connections are working fine.
    Any suggestions... Thanks
  5. gholmes1936 macrumors newbie

Dec 2, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    CanoScan 8400F driver not found on Mac OS 10.6

Hey, what system are you using? I have the same scanner and ever since upgrading to OS 10.6.4 I cannot use this scanner. I have spent the last three (3) days trying to get it to "see" the driver to no avail. Tech Support has replied but what they mentioned didn't work either.
    Do you have any hints or tips on this one.