can't access gmail...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aplasticspork, Jan 13, 2005.

1. aplasticspork macrumors regular

so it all started a few months ago, my gmail account started to load a blank page whenever i opened it. i would just work around that by going on another computer to check it. but now there aren't any other computers available and i just got an email.......and it's annoying.....so does anyone have any idea how to work around that somehow and see the email? thanks in advance :)

--andrzej

2. ollie macrumors member

maybe emailing googles gmail team would work better. unless your having other problems with your browser.(maybe try a different one..)

3. Vanilla macrumors 6502a

I get that ocassionally when accessing it via Safari. Few points if you are using safari:

1. When the blank page happens, click on the refresh/stop button. That always triggers the page to load for me.

2. When you are in Gmail NEVER hit the back button to return to a previous page, because that always causes the "blank page" syndrome. Just click on any return link displayed.

cheers
    Vanilla

4. aplasticspork thread starter macrumors regular

ok, i tried using firefox and it worked, safari still doesnt.

i've noticed both of those things, but for some reason hitting refresh doesnt work anymore.

i suppose i'll just have to use firefox and hope that 10.4 fixes it somehow.....
    thanks for the help :)

--andrzej

5. ollie macrumors member

i remeber reading in the change log for gmail "improved safari support " so they might even be working at it as well..