Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
I'm trying to boot frm the iso file to flash my run core drive to a new fw and after trying everything my MBA just doesn't recognize the drive. The drive however does pop up when the MBA is loaded in normal mode...

What can I do?

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)
I'm trying to boot frm the iso file to flash my run core drive to a new fw and after trying everything my MBA just doesn't recognize the drive. The drive however does pop up when the MBA is loaded in normal mode...

What can I do?

Sounds more like the image on the cd/dvd is not being recognized as bootable. To rule out an issue with drive, can you boot from the OS X media? You are holding down the "c" key while booting with the drive attached? etc.

halledise

macrumors 68000

What can I do?

restart the SD containing Apple OSX media holding down the Option key.
that way you know for sure the SD is fine.
you'll be able to access Disk Utility from there to do whatever it is you want with the Runcore.

normally any firmware update can be done from the HDD itself (I think)

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Did you download them from their website or were they included with your drive?

Maybe you should try contacting Runcore support to see if they have any updated ISOs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.