Can't burn CDs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by den321, Mar 14, 2005.

1. den321 macrumors newbie

My brother has died and I'm attempting to get family photos off of his G3. So far I can't burn a CD. He has OS X, I believe 10.3. The machine takes 15 minutes to boot and Help takes 15 minutes to come up. Originally, I reset his password using the install disk (only a user password , not the administrator password.) I've tried his Firewire CD burner and borrowed a USB burner but can't drag and drop a folder on to a CD. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Greg

2. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Greg,
    First, I'm sorry about the loss of your brother. Does the machine have "Toast"? Can you briefly describe what exactly it won't do? Error messages? Quits?
    X

3. den321 thread starter macrumors newbie

No CD burn

X,

My apologies for responding so late. I don't have toast. I do have a Que!Fire 525 cdrom burner that tells me when I drag and drop that it has burned the cd. The cd is not burned.

Thanks,

Greg

4. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Just use finder burning... (that is if you really do have Panther) Just pop a blank cd in.. wait for the dialog box to prompt you on what you would like to do.... Say.. 'Open up Finder' and Viola! Just drag to the cd and burn away!

kyle