Can't burn DVDs from iPhoto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BackInTheSaddle, Nov 18, 2006.

1. BackInTheSaddle macrumors regular

BackInTheSaddle

I can't seem to burn DVDs from iPhoto using my mac pro. Everytime I put in a blank disk, either iPhoto doesn't recognize it as being a blank (and spits it out, asking for a new blank disk) or it accepts the disk but tells me it is full when I try to write to it from iPhoto.

My hardware is all stock with the Pioneer OEM burner in my Mac Pro. I have tried multiple brands of disks (Maxell, Imation) to no avail. Also, all of my apps are up to date (OS X 10.8, iPhoto 6.0.5). I can burn disks just fine outside of iPhoto, and I can even drag and drop iPhoto images into Finder and burn them that way.

Any ideas on why this would happen with just iPhoto?

2. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

You wouldn't mind, you know, sending me a disc with Mac OS X 10.8 Liger eh?

Otherwise, try and reinstall iPhoto from your Mac OS X install disc. Choose "Install bundled software only", and then choose iPhoto.

You don't need Pacifist for that

3. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Before you reinstall, try repairing permissions (hard disc utilities) and if that fails trash your iPhoto preferences.

4. BackInTheSaddle thread starter macrumors regular

BackInTheSaddle

Tried repairing permissions and trashing prefs, still no luck. Guess I'm gonna reinstall iPhoto now...

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Have you checked the speed of your media against the rating of your burner? Maybe the media is too fast?

6. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I burned an 8x DVD-R with my MacBook's 4x drive. You can just adjust the speed of the burning. I could burn a 16x media, but only a 4x speed.