Cant buy music from iTunes :(...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Solafaa, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

There are about 4 albums that i want to buy from ITMS (iTunes music tunes) but i get this:

"iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. An unkown error occurred (504)

Make sure your network connection is active and try again."

I cant hear the music and i am online (i am typing this) btu i cant buy any music, any ideas on what i could do?

2. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

Are you in the UK? I had some probs a few minutes ago, but now it seems to be working again.

3. Solafaa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I am outside Europe and the US, i have downloaded a lot of songs without a problem (gift cirtificate) this is the only time i have had this happen to me.

4. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

It happens to me every now and again - all seems to be pretty temporary.

5. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Do you have a credit card address in one of these countries? Or are you trying to hack the store using a gift certificate from one of those countries? I thought they still required a VALID address in the country of the store. :confused: Maybe with iTunes 4.7 they have toughened up the act.

6. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

First, where are you located? Did someone buy and send you the gift cirtificate from a country that has a iTunes Store? Have you bought a song without a cirtificate?

My guess is that your credit card is not for a country that can get iTunes music yet, and you got a cirtificate for a country that does have one, and thus how you were able to get your music before.

7. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

because of your location ...

didn't your daddy tell you not to hack international sites with *unconfirmed* information? ;)

and pls. do not write that you prefer to buy from iTMS instead of going P2P, we know ;).