Can't buy music on iTMS!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DreaminDirector, Feb 1, 2006.

1. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

OK, so I've been having a hell of a problem. Apple doesn't want to take my money.

Ok, so in reality, I'm having a problem buy music on iTMS. When I add anything to my cart and try to buy it, a pop-up comes up and tells me my billing info has changed and I have to sign in to change it. I'm perplexed at this point, since my billing info hasn't changed from the last time I bought music. So, when I look at the billing info, everything is ok, so I click "Done" and continue to my shopping cart. I click on button to buy what's in my cart and the same damn pop-up about my billing info comes up.

I've emailed Apple twice now, both times getting the same useless canned response (personally, I don't even think Apple support reads these, they just see one keyword and send a prepackaged answer). I've got 40 dollars worth in gift cards from Christmas and I can redeem them. I'm about damn pissed at this point.

I've tried on both my 12" powerbook (1.33ghz) and my MDD powermac (dual g4 1.25ghz), and I get the same result. Both are running 10.4.4 and the newest iTunes.

Please, some one help me. I'm going nuts without getting my Lost episodes fix! :)

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Try changing some of the info to the same thing, like re-inputting your card number.

3. jkelly888 macrumors regular

jkelly888

have you tried useing single purchase instead the shopping cart option?

4. DreaminDirector thread starter macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I tried that too.

Amazingly, I found a solution late last night. I logged onto myinfo.apple.com and changed all of my info, INCLUDING the shipping address. I just filled it in with my home (billing) address. The shipping address should be optional if it's same than the billing address, right? Well, I filled it in for fun, because, hell, I had no other ideas. And bam! It worked!

At any rate, problem solved. Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. You were much more helpful than iTunes support.

Thanks Counterfit and jkelly888!!!