Can't call Skype-to-Skype

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by YagottaBKidding, Nov 25, 2006.

1. YagottaBKidding macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!

A friend of mine uses latest Skype for Mac. She tells me she can't call me because the Call button is greyed out all the time. :confused: We both in Skype, both online, I can even call her, but she can't.

Anyone had this problem? I never saw the Skype for Mac -- I'm a PC guy and she with her MacBook is on the opposite side of the Earth. :D And I've never had such problems on a PC.

If it does matter, she's got a SkypeOut and it works just fine, she can call on any phone. Also she has some weird problems with accessing Skype preferences from the menu: it doesn't come up.

2. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Did she authorised you?

Bild 1.jpg

Sorry, my menu is in German.

3. YagottaBKidding thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know, how can I (or she) check this?

Besides, I don't think this is the problem: she can ANSWER my call, but CAN'T call me herself. I'm also sure that her privacy settings are not set properly yet, 'cause she's getting lots of harassing calls from leftfield people. Also, she said she sees me in her contact list with green phone icon, so it looks it's OK.

Also, as I noted, she can't open Preferences dialog, 'cause it does nothing when she clicks Preferences in menu. :eek:

4. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

It seems there is something wrong with Skype itself. Why not reinstall it?