Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw3571

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2010
All of a sudden i can't click anything with my mouse. I can move the cursor around but can't click anything. What's going on? How can I restart the machine without clicking anything?

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could try disconnecting the mouse and reconnecting it (Bluetooth or USB?) or you could use the trackpad built into the MBA or you could use the power button and press it and select Restart from the following dialog or you could hold down the power button to shut down the MBA and press it again to start it up.

Btw, what MBA and Mac OS X version and what mouse are you using?
Maybe you need to clean your mouse between the button(s) and the body?

jw3571

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2010
Sorry, by mouse I meant trackpad. So I can't anything.

fyrefly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2004
You can force a shutdown by holding the Power Button until the machine turns off.

You can also use the Shortcut keys for a shutdown w/o prompts:

CTRL+OPTION+CMD+EJECT (hold them all down at once and that should prompt a shutdown).

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
Try to log on as a guest user - that way you'll know if it's something you did on your account or if it's the machine.

I once accidentally changed the alpha/contrast on my laptop from Universal Access. Didn't know how it happened - but the guest user was fine, so I figured it was something I had done...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.