"Can't Connect to iTunes"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Saidear83, Feb 27, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2012
    I picked up an iPhone 4 off contract last week and I've been having issues with it. It, for whatever reason, won't connect to the iTunes store, even when on WiFi.

I've tried two different networks (home network, mifi network) and same issue.
    I've restored the device to factory settings.
    I've deleted and then connected to my wifi router.
    I've signed out and then signed back in of the iTunes account.

My roommate's iPod touch has no issues at all downloading stuff from our shared iTunes account.

I can browse through the iTunes app store easily on my phone.. the only thing it won't do is download.
  2. macrumors member

Feb 17, 2012
    Let me get this right
    You can't connect to the iTunes store at all, but you can browse the App store yet you can't download any apps and this happens whether you are on wi-fi or 3G?
  3. macrumors regular

Aug 24, 2011
    Have you tried to download something to your iTunes on your PC/Mac? Is the phone asking for login details when you try and download stuff? Have you always 'shared' this iTunes account?

Apple does not allow iTunes account sharing. It could be that two different devices are logged into it at the same time? I presume both devices are registered under the same Apple ID. If they are create your own (or get your housemate to create his own if you are the primary person on the account) and get him to re-register his iPod under that Apple ID, then when you are both on different IDs try and download a free App to see if that works